Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: screenplay EXERCISE

  1. #41
    Inactive Member ickle_jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2002
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    in may respects this is harder than writing a real thing... cos then i would get a good idea then think of stuff to put in it, here im trying to think of a good idea with a guy locked in a room. So far ive come up with its a prison cell and theres another guy in there with him. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  2. #42
    Phaethon
    Guest Phaethon's Avatar

    Post

    Count me in. Locked Room.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 19, 2002 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Phaethon ]</font>

  3. #43
    Inactive Member spaceham's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2002
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm in. Locked room for me. January 1st?

  4. #44
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    *Idea time*

    How about - Man found fisting his dog in the lounge by his wife?

    Has a certain ring to it...

    Erm, is everyone gonna agree on something or what? For chuffs sake, you lot couldn't organise a **** in ***** house...

    [img]tongue.gif[/img] &lt; **** emoticon

  5. #45
    Inactive Member steven_craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2001
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i suppose i should give it a stab, count me in
    but i can only make about 5 pages cause i cant write for sh?t

    i prefer dog found fisting his owner by wife

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 19, 2002 07:28 PM: Message edited by: steven_craig ]</font>

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And afterwards, we can start up a festival-101 man locked in a room films.

    Just make sure we don't all post them at the same time. I may regret saying this, but in order to give something a fair review we might have to read it through more than once, and that will much easier if we deal with them one at a time.

  7. #47
    Phaethon
    Guest Phaethon's Avatar

    Post

    Okay, I'm seeing three ways we can post our screenplays. We could post them here, on this thread, we could make a new thread where everyone would post them all in one place, or we make new threads for each and every screenplay; which I strongly prefer. Then after all has been read we make a review thread where we can all come together and critique.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 20, 2002 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Phaethon ]</font>

  8. #48
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Ok. I was not sure what to do with this ten page "guy locked in a room" script so I thought I would just have a go this evening. Ive just done about 8 pages. I've just read through it. Not the best thing Ive ever done. Im not sure if Ill stick to this idea and start rewriting or come up with something new.

    Anyway if your intrested have a ganders. It might be intresting to see how the script evolves from this VERY VERY ROUGH first attempt to my final script.

    FADE IN:

    INT. A ROOM - NIGHT

    An average looking lounge, decorated and furnished with no
    particular style. A small window at the far side of the
    room is the only contact with the outside world.

    A man stands looking out of the window at the dark night
    sky.

    (V.O.)
    Some people would call this my
    prison... My cell... Nothing more
    than my upholstered ****eon... They're
    wrong of course... This is the only
    place I can truly be free. The only
    place I can be me...

    EXT. PARK - DAY

    A lush green park on a warm sunny day. People are playing
    Frisbee, having picnics and enjoying the warm weather.

    JOSHUWA a good looking man in his early 30's walks through
    the park taking in the surroundings.

    A man walks his dog just in front Joshuwa. The man Pulls on
    the dog's lead as they pass a group of guys and girls playing
    Frisbee.

    The dog see's the Frisbee in the air and tries to run in
    that direction. The man loses his grip of the lead, letting
    the dog escape.

    The dog follows the Frisbee through the air until in lands
    in the hands of a teenage boy. Barking and growling the dog
    heads strait for the boy.

    The boys fellow Frisbee players look on in horror.

    MAN
    (shouting)
    Drop it... through it away.

    The boy gets rid of the Frisbee. It's too late. The dog
    has lost all interest in the toy and jumps up at the terrified
    boy, biting and scratching at his arm.

    Bystanders scream as they see the horrific attack play out
    in front of them.

    Joshuwa watches as men and women run over and try and pull
    the rabid dog away.

    He finishes his cigarette, lights another and walks on.

    Leaving the mayhem behind him.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2.


    EXT. BAR - DAY

    Joshuwa still smoking, approaches the bar. He gets rid of
    the cigarette and takes a look at his watch. It's stopped.
    He taps it with his finger. He takes at a long look at the
    sky, drops the cigarette and goes inside.

    INT. BAR - DAY

    The bar is dead. Just the bartender and a few hard drinkers.

    Joshuwa heads for the bar.

    BARTENDER
    What can I get ya?

    JOSHUWA
    Whiskey... Strait.

    The Bartender fixes the drink. Joshuwa downs it in one.

    He points at the bottle.

    JOSHUWA (CONT'D)
    Another.

    The Bartender fixes a second drink. Again, Joshuwa downs it
    in one.

    JOSHUWA (CONT'D)
    One more.

    (O.S.)
    Someone's thirsty.

    Joshuwa turns around to see AMY, a good looking women in her
    20's. She sits at a table surrounded by a pile of books.
    She looks totally out of place in the bar.

    AMY
    I could buy you a bowl of water if
    you really want to quench that thirst.

    Holding up his third drink.

    JOSHUWA
    No. Thanks. This will be fine.

    AMY
    It's just that you don't look like
    the usual Monday afternoon whiskey
    drinker.

    JOSHUWA
    I'm not. It's one of those days.
    You know?

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3.


    AMY
    Sit here long enough and you see all
    kinds of "those days"... I'm sorry.
    I'm Amy.

    The pair shake hands.

    JOSHUWA
    I'm Joshuwa. What about you?
    (looking at all the
    books on the table)
    What kind of day is this?

    AMY
    A tedious one.

    JOSHUWA
    Can I buy you a drink?

    AMY
    No. I'm fine thanks...

    Pointing to the seat opposite.

    AMY (CONT'D)
    Take the weight off.

    Joshuwa sits down.

    JOSHUWA
    So what are you doing in a place
    like this? I'm sure there are better
    places to study...

    He picks up a book and reads the title.

    JOSHUWA (CONT'D)
    Cats?

    AMY
    Zoology. The reason I'm in a place
    like this, is my father owns it.

    JOSHUWA
    Really? Nice.

    AMY
    (sarcastically)
    Yup. One day, all this will be mine.

    JOSHUWA
    That's quite a legacy.

    AMY
    Maybe one day I'll convert it...

    JOSHUWA
    Into what? A Zoo?

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4.


    AMY
    I was thinking of something on a
    somewhat smaller scale.

    The two giggle.

    AMY (CONT'D)
    So... We know why I'm here...

    They share an awkward pause.

    JOSHUWA
    (Jokingly)
    You should be encouraging your
    clientele to come in here and drink.
    (Beat)
    Not questioning their motives.

    Another pause.

    AMY
    OK, Joshuwa. You seem like a nice
    guy.

    She looks at her watch.

    AMY (CONT'D)
    It's lunchtime. I'm Hungry. You
    want to come and get something to
    eat with me?

    Joshuwa seems shocked by how forward Amy is.

    JOSHUWA
    Sure. I could go for a steak
    sandwich.

    Amy looks to the bartender.

    AMY
    So your a meat eater...
    (to the bartender)
    Hey Jimmy.

    The bartender looks back.

    Amy points to the books.

    AMY (CONT'D)
    I'm going to leave this stuff here
    and go get some lunch.

    Amy gets up and picks up her bag.

    AMY (CONT'D)
    (to Joshuwa)
    Come on... You waiting for a written
    invitation? Lets go eat.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    5.


    EXT. STREET - LATER

    Joshuwa and Amy are walking down a busy street. Their body
    language is much more intimate than you would expect from
    two people who have known each other for just a couple of
    hours.

    They could almost pass for a couple.

    AMY
    I've really enjoyed myself today.
    Your a refreshing change Mr. Joshuwa.

    JOSHUWA
    I bet you say that to all the boys.

    AMY
    I don't make a habit or picking up
    men. Especially men from my dads
    bar.

    JOSHUWA
    So that's what you did? You picked
    me up?

    AMY
    You seemed like a nice enough guy.
    I thought I would treat you to lunch.
    I had a great time. So I guess the
    gamble paid off.

    JOSHUWA
    You paid for lunch. How about you
    let me buy dinner? Are you doing
    anything tonight?

    AMY
    Are you asking me on a date?

    JOSHUWA
    I'm asking you to have dinner with
    me. If you wanna call it a date,
    That's fine by me.

    AMY
    Then a date it is.

    JOSHUWA
    What time should I pick you up?

    AMY
    About Nine?

    JOSHUWA
    NO.
    (beat)
    I mean... That's a little late for
    me.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6.


    AMY
    Eight?

    JOSHUWA
    Great.

    AMY
    I'll come and pick you up. I prefer
    to drive. Is that ok?

    JOSHUWA
    What? Yes. Yes of course.

    Joshuwa starts backing off.

    JOSHUWA (CONT'D)
    So I guess I will see you at eight.

    AMY
    Aren't you forgetting something?

    JOSHUWA
    Erm.....

    AMY
    Your address. I have no idea where
    you live.

    JOSHUWA
    Oh, right. I'm sorry.

    Taking out a piece of paper.

    JOSHUWA (CONT'D)
    Do you have a pen?

    EXT. PARK - DAY

    It's later in the day and the park is almost empty. Joshuwa
    walks past the scene of the dog attack earlier that day.

    He walks across the grass to the exact spot where it happened.

    Kneeling Down, he sees a pool of dried blood on the grass.
    Dog or man. It's impossible to tell. Its just a dark mess.

    FADE OUT:

    FADE IN:

    EXT. NIGHT SKY - NIGHT

    It's a clear night. Stars surround a bright full moon.

    INT. A ROOM - NIGHT

    The same room we started in. Joshuwa stands looking out of
    the window at the dark night sky.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7.


    The full moon casts a blue tint over his face and the room.

    JOSHUWA (V.O.)
    Some people would call this my
    prison...

    Joshuwa backs away from the window we see for the first time
    the window has bars across the outside.

    JOSHUWA (V.O.) (CONT'D)
    My cell...

    Joshuwa walks over to the door. It is kept shut via dozens
    of locks. He takes the keys from each lock and pushes them
    through the letter box.

    He turns and looks at the room.

    JOSHUWA (V.O.) (CONT'D)
    Nothing more than my upholstered
    ****eon...

    With his back to us, Joshuwa heads to the closet.

    JOSHUWA (V.O.) (CONT'D)
    They're wrong of course...

    He opens the closet. AMY gagged and bound, falls out of the
    closet and hits the floor violently.

    Joshuwa ungaggs her.

    She starts screaming.

    We hear the sound from the scene but its muted. Joshuwa's
    V.O stays at a constant volume.

    JOSHUWA (V.O.) (CONT'D)
    This is the only place I can truly
    be free.

    Joshuwa walks back over to the window. Takes one last look
    at the full moon. He reaches up and pulls down an iron
    shutter that was hidden by the certain. The window is closed
    off completely. In the background we see Amy struggle to
    her feet and try to get the door open. It's pointless.

    JOSHUWA (V.O.) (CONT'D)
    The only place I can be me...

    We see Joshuwa from behind, as he locks the shutter.

    He turns and looks over his shoulder. We punch into a C.U
    on his face.

    JOSHUWA (V.O.) (CONT'D)
    The ONLY place I can be me.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8.


    Joshuwa's eyes turn RED.

    His face distorts.

    Random patches of fur spout from his face.

    His teen grow.

    We hear Amy's scream in the back ground get louder and louder.

    FADE TO BLACK:

    We hear the screams joined by a evil growling noise. Then
    Chaos.

    THE END:



    Despin out.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 20, 2002 05:53 PM: Message edited by: Despin entertainment ]</font>

  9. #49
    Inactive Member ickle_jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2002
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    whats the ****eon?

    Some feedback:-
    I thought the VO at the start was cheesy, not just what he said, but the whole idea of the VO then knowing you would have to come back to it.

    I can see how the whole dog scene sets the character up as this cold, unemotional man so i guess that works well, but im can also see the irony of him being a werewolf so that works.

    The scene in the bar was quite good, alot of chemistry would come from the actors and the way they play it, the way they look at each other and what not. But your script lacked that, i didnt really get a sense of chemistry between them. The dialogue was good in places tho.

    Now perhaps i need to read through it again, but i didnt understand any of the this is my cell bit...am i right in thinking its just his own house that happens to have loads of locks on it?

    One last thing "We hear the screams joined by a evil growling noise. Then Chaos." Can you explain that to me? What do you mean by choas? you mean he attacks her? if so why not write that

  10. #50
    Inactive Member emjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    747
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's cool yo.

    Although it would've been cooler if he didnt change into a werewolf but just played his sick tricks he enjoys himself &lt;-- sickness.

    And the sjitty day he had... doesn't really matter to the story but it stayed in the back of my head, so it might be cool to go further on that some more too.

    I mean you still have 2 pages left for the maximum.

    I liked the idea man. Lets hug.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •